Saturday, September 19, 2009

Greetings 9/19

I hope all is well and everyone has had a great summer. With the last few weeks of good weather remaining and hurrahs for barbeques it certainly has been an interesting and fast summer. A quick review of soem things as I'm off to be a field man for the day during our apple harvest.
Please everyone remember that our 1st meeting of the new season is upcoming on October 6th at the El Rincon on Fruitvale and 40th ave in Yakima at 7pm. We have confirmed with the manager that we are good to go for the meeting room through the season and i'm sure everyone has a lot to talk about. Please remember my challenge for new members and we look forward to greeting the new memebers I signed up at our last meeting; Brent & Billie D., Tim S., Bob and Vickie T., hopefully they will grace us with their presence and we can find a way to initiate them into our club in a memorable fashion.
Also, their will be a meeting at the West Valley Fire Staion on September 29 regarding some issues with DNR and other goverment entities regarding the possible closure of the Tampico Snow Park and I will be there to find out the details> I want to extend and invitation to anyone who uses this park summer or winter to find out what is exactly going on. I believe our club and other users best interest is at stake and we should show with attendance our interest.
Devin Decker has told me that he will be sending the news letter out in the next few days with more information, however please get as many of your friends to show as you can.
On 9-13 Paul, Rona, Gene, Mark, Jo and I went up to Darlan and retrieved our Ski Bender sign that was blown over and I brought it back to my shop and am currently working it over with a new coat of paint and reworking some other issues it had. I will make my best effort to ahev it finished by the 2nd week of October and am looking for some volunteers to help resurect it with the help of my fathers boom truck and portable welder. Anyone interested please give me a call 509-949-9005 and we can make a good day of it as well as possibly get in a little trail cleanup since we missed it during the fire. The weekend prior to picking up the sign the S.A.R. team was up there to put new solar panels on the repeater tower to insure we have communications for lost and troubled camper, hikers and of course the occasional snowmobiler. It looked as though some solar panel poachers shot it up. While we were up to get the Skibenders sign Mark, Gene, Jo, Paul, Rona and the other gentlemans name which escapes me "senior moment" did some much need maintenance. Oh by the way, please don't give Paul a hard time but i'm not so sure the stick on signs he put on the repeater pole are straight.
So i'm calling it good for now as I need to write for the Sno Flyer and then off to work. I don't know about the rest of you but the anticipation of snow and getting together with our great group of friends and new members is growing stronger everyday as we approach the new season.
God Speed, keep safe!

Carl D.

No comments:

Post a Comment